Corridor team members are part of an organization recognized as a leader in the home health, homecare and hospice industry. Corridor’s expertise, leadership and hands-on approach has made us a renowned partner to our clients.
Corridor’s success is due to the common values shared by all of our team members, focusing on customer intimacy, integrity, excellence, financial success, collaboration, and respect.
Coding Division QA Manager:
This position provides management and oversight for the Corridor Quality Assurance activities of the QA teams on shore and off shore for the Coding Division. The goal of the Corridor QA Team is to ensure Corridor Coding/OASIS documentation review services are accurate and appropriate based on regulatory/accrediting rules regulations. Works collaboratively with the Corridor Operations Leadership and Coding Managers.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator serves as an expert resource to staff in ICD-10 coding and OASIS review.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, supervises and evaluates work activities of the onshore QA team
- Provides dotted line oversight of the offshore QA teams
- Is responsible for QA activity oversight for onshore and offshore QA teams
- Effectively manages remote team
- Conducts QA audits on predetermined percentage of completed reviews to monitor and identify coding/OASIS accuracy, completeness and quality of review conducted by contract and employed coders
- Collaborates with Coding Managers on QA reviews for newly hired coders and/or new clients to onboard them successfully
- Prepares weekly and monthly QA reports for onshore and offshore QA activities that includes aggregate and individualized QA by clients and coding review staff
- Establish work schedules and assignments for the QA team to meet productivity standards and QA review requirements
- Communicates immediate and serious QA issues to the VP of Clinical Services & Innovation and/or VP of Coding Division
- Identifies aggregate and/or individual educational coding/OASIS trends
- Provides education and monitoring of coding/OASIS proficiency and competency
- Serves as a proactive member of the Corridor E&S team on meeting company goals and improving company performance
- Maintains expert current knowledge of ICD-10 coding guidelines and current OASIS regulations/interpretations.
- Ensures HIPAA regulations and confidentiality are maintained in the QA review process
- Receives information on regulatory changes and implements those changes in the QA review process
- Manages communication and information flow between QA, Coding division staff, and Coding Leadership. Proactively identifies issues/concerns and requests assistance up-line as required.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally with clients regarding QA activities
- Establishes professional and positive work environments by modeling respect and dignity toward all employees and acknowledging the value of individual’s effort and contributions.
- Researches and designs appropriate organization-wide performance and quality training
- Clinician with home care experience required
- ICD 10 Homecare coding certification (HCS-D, HCS-O, or BCHH-C) required
- OASIS certification (COS-C or HCS-O) required
- 2 years supervisory experience and/or quality assurance experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage remote workers effectively
- Ability to mentor and/or train QA team and reviewers
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume to CorridorRecruiting@corridorgroup.com with the email subject of ‘QA Manager’.
Thank you for your interest in working at Corridor. Your resume will be screened by our Human Resources Department and/or hiring manager. Should there be a match between your skills and our current needs, we will contact you with additional information on our interview process. Please note that only applicants who meet all of the listed minimum qualifications will be considered. Corridor will keep your resume on file for consideration of future openings. Thank you!