2018 ICD-10-CM Update
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 1:44 PM
It’s that time again! October 1st is right around the corner and that means ICD-10-CM updates. There are 360 new codes, 226 revised codes and 142 deleted codes in the 2018 ICD-10-CM classification set. The 2018 ICD-10 codes are to be used for cases occurring from Oct. 1, 2017, through Sept. 30, 2018, and for patient encounters occurring from Oct. 1, 2017, through Sept. 30, 2018.
See below for a few of the changes for 2018 ICD-10-CM:
- New codes for diabetes mellitus with ketoacidosis
- New codes and two new subcategories for heart failure
- 72 new codes at L97.- and L98.- to identify non-pressure chronic ulcers that have penetrated muscle and bone tissue without necrosis
- Coding guidance to help coders make choices based on diagnostic statements, and a revision of the Includes note for hypertensive heart disease
- New codes for myocardial infarction type 2 and notes that help clarify conditions
- New codes for lumbar spinal stenosis
Keep your staff informed of upcoming code changes. Stay Compliant!
Click here for more information.
Written by Mary Deakle, BCHH-C, COS-C, Corridor’s Manager of Compliance & Education.
Corridor is a trusted home health and hospice consulting partner to agencies both large and small. We provide the most up-to-date comprehensive homecare industry educational resources and consulting available.
For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795Go Back