CGS Provides Guidance to Avoid Duplication of CBR Submissions
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:52 AM
CGS has noticed that there’s an increase in providers submitting duplicate Credit Balance Reports (CBRs). At times, providers are submitting the CBR via fax multiple times using various methods of submission. Duplication of CBR submissions is a problem for CGS staff and resources.
The following guidelines should be shared with staff who submits your CBR:
• Wait 48 hours to contact a customer service representative to confirm if you’ve faxed your credit balance report
• If you’ve already submitted the CBR and need to make changes, you must specify that the report is being submitted again with changes
• Do not submit the CBR using more than one submission method
• Designate an internal process that manages CBR submissions between offices and assign a single contact person for your facility
• Make sure that you submit the CBR to the correct Medicare Administrative Contractor address
When submitting your CBR, CGS recommends using the website portal, myCGS. myCGS sends you a confirmation of receipt and eliminates the inclination to resubmit a duplicate report.
For additional information on submitting your CBR via myCGS, use the following resources:
• Making it Easy to Submit your Credit Balance (CMS-838) Report! myCGS User Guide, “Chapter 7: Forms Tab”
• myCGS User Guide, “Chapter 7: Forms Tab”
For the full article, click here.
Corridor is a trusted home health and hospice consulting partner to agencies both large and small. We provide the most up-to-date comprehensive homecare industry educational resources and consulting available.
For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795Go Back