CMS Grants Data Submission Exceptions for Post-Acute Care Settings Due to Hurricane Matthew
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2016 1:49 PM
Due to Hurricane Matthew, CMS plans to allow exceptions for quality reporting data submissions to Medicare providers in care settings that were affected by the hurricane, including the following post-acute care (PAC) settings:
• Long-Term Care Hospitals (LTCHs)
• Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs)
• Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs)
According to the CMS QRP Reconsideration and Exception and Extension websites, the providers affected by Hurricane Matthew will not be required to submit quality measure data to meet submission requirements.
CMS is granting exceptions for data submission requirements for the PAC quality reporting programs (QRP) that are located within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) labeled as “major disaster” counties, including Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina. For the full list of FEMA-designated counties, see below for further information that can be found on the CMS webpages.
• Hospice Quality Reporting Extensions and Exemption Requests
• IRF Quality Reporting Reconsideration and Exception & Extension
• LTCH Quality Reporting Reconsideration and Exception & Extension
• SNF Quality Reporting Reconsideration and Exception & Extension