CMS Requests Feedback on the Hospice Proposed Rule: FY2017 Hospice Wage Index and Payment Rate Update and Hospice Quality Reporting Requirements
Posted on Friday, May 13, 2016 7:02 PM
As recently reported, CMS released the Medicare Program; FY2017 Hospice Wage Index and Payment Rate Update and Hospice Quality Reporting Requirements (CMS-1652-P), stating the planned payment and policy rule for the Medicare hospice benefit for FY2017.
The FY2017 rule focuses more on hospice quality issues. CMS is requesting feedback on the proposed rule:
1. As of April 1, 2017, CMS plans for the use of two new HQRP measures:
a. Hospice Visits When Death is Imminent
b. Hospice and Palliative Care Composite Process Measure
2. Comprehensive Patient Assessment Instrument
3. Public Reporting, Hospice Compare Site, and Star Rating
4. NQF-endorsed Hospice Quality Reporting Measures
5. CAHPS Hospice Survey Participation and Exemption
6. Estimate of the Information Collection Burden
For the full article, click here.
Corridor is a trusted home health and hospice consulting partner to agencies both large and small. We provide the most up-to-date comprehensive homecare industry educational resources and consulting available.
For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795Go Back