CMS Requests Public Comment on Standardized Assessment Items
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2017 1:53 PM
Public comments are being requested by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) from stakeholders on the standardized assessment items required by the Improving Medicare Post-Acute Transformation (IMPACT) Act in the following domains:
• Cognitive function and mental status
• Medical conditions and co-morbidities
• Medication reconciliation
• Care preferences
The IMPACT Act requires standardized patient assessment data across post-acute care (PAC) settings. The PAC providers include the following:
• Skilled nursing facilities (SNF)
• Inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRF)
• Long term care hospitals (LTCH)
• Home health agencies (HHAs)
CMS is seeking comments on each domain that includes several assessment items. CMS is also requesting feedback on the following:
• Potential for quality improvement
• Feasibility for use in PAC
• Utility for describing case mix on several assessment items under each domain
CMS will conduct beta testing on the standardized assessment items in the Fall, 2017.
Click here to view the document.
Comments must be submitted by June 26, 2017.
For the full article, click here.Go Back