Free Webinar: Supporting People with Dementia
Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 6:22 PM
The American Society on Aging is hosting a free webinar that will enable participants to learn to create relationships with first responders, allowing them to stay in their homes and communities as long as possible.
Participants in this web seminar will be able to:
- Describe the elements of a successful community safety collaborative that supports the needs of people living with dementia;
- Identify four key dementia-specific training needs of law enforcement and first responders;
- Understand the risks faced by persons with dementia who live alone;
- Identify key roles of EMS in the visitor program; and,
- Understand how people are referred to the EMS Visitor Program.
The faculty for this webinar will be Jessica Empeño and Molly Schroeder.
Ms. Empeño is vice president of Programs and Family Services for Alzheimer’s San Diego, where she oversees delivery of innovative and quality programs to support individuals impacted by Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
Ms. Schroder is Dementia Programs manager at the Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Institute at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Date: Tuesday, August 7,2018
Time: 1:00 – 2:00 ET
Click here to register.
Corridor is a trusted home health and hospice consulting partner to agencies both large and small. We provide the most up-to-date comprehensive homecare industry educational resources and consulting available.
For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795Go Back