Hurricane Irma Disaster Exceptions for Medicare Providers Affected by Severe Storms and Flooding
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2017 1:53 PM
CMS is granting exceptions for home care and hospice agencies located in areas affected by Hurricane Irma due to the severe impact of the storm. The providers will get exempted without needing to submit the extraordinary circumstances exception request if they are in the one of the FL counties, Puerto Rico, or the Virgin Islands. The details of the exception can be find in the CMS memo posted on 9/14/17. Click here to read the memo.
For more information, visit the CMS hurricane webpage.
For further information about extensions and exemptions for PAC QRPs, view the program-specific webpages:
- Home Health Quality Reporting Requirements
- Hospice Quality Reporting Extensions and Exemption Requests
- IRF Quality Reporting Reconsideration and Exception & Extension
- LTCH Quality Reporting Reconsideration and Exception & Extension
- SNF Quality Reporting Reconsideration and Exception & Extension