IL Agency Provides Tips for Pre-Claim Review in Support of the Upcoming Launch in FL
Posted on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 7:20 PM
Among the few agencies in Illinois, Sparta Community Hospital’s At-Home Healthcare was able to maintain a 100% affirmation rate as part of pre-claim reviews.
In order to accomplish this achievement, it has taken about three extra hours of daily work for Cheryl Adams, At-Home’s Administrator.
Illinois agencies continue to work on improving their process and other states including Florida are expecting pre-claim reviews to start later this year (HHL 1/2/17).
Adams recommends agencies take the following steps to survive pre-claim reviews:
• Gather the right info from referral sources
• Designate a specific person to track all the information your agency must compile
• Maintain a standard list of information you need to submit for every claim, and make sure your reviewer keeps that list handy
• Ensure the language in the documentation matches up
Adams’ agency has thoroughly trained clinicians the following:
• Assessing patients accurately
• The staff was trained on documentation of homebound status and the need to ensure wording does not conflict with language used in other documents
Corridor offers a variety of services to help you navigate through the CMS requirements – including:
• Readiness Assessment
• Outsourced Services
• Documentation Review
Call Corridor today for help with Pre-Claim Review. 1-866-263-3795
For the full article, please see the January 30, 2017 Home Health Line Edition.
Corridor is a trusted home health and hospice consulting partner to agencies both large and small. We provide the most up-to-date comprehensive homecare industry educational resources and consulting available.
For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795Go Back