NAHC Focuses on the First 100 Days for Home Care and Hospice with Trump in the White House
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:56 AM
The news takes a look at President Donald Trump’s first 100 days, discussing his accomplishments and comparing him to past presidents. NAHC is more concerned about where home care and hospice stands during the past 100 days.
NAHC explains that the following progress has been made on issues surrounding the legislative and regulatory realms:
• The CMS issued a proposed rule to delay the health Conditions of Participation (HHCoPS) for six months, with a new start date of January 13, 2018
• The CMS suspended the pre-claim review demonstration in Illinois and suspended it in Florida
• Home Health Care Planning Improvement Act (HR 1825 / S 445) was introduced in the House of Representatives
• The Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act (S 693 / HR 1676) was introduced in Congress
• Improve rural access to hospice (HR 1828) was introduced in the House of Representatives
• Support in the Senate extend the Medicare home health rural add-on (S 353)
“NAHC has made real progress on advancing our issues this year and I attribute so much of that success to the hard work home care and hospice advocates put in during our last March on Washington,” says Andrea Devoti, NAHC’s Vice President for Policy, Education & Meetings. “There is a lot more to be done, however, to educate Congress and the administration about the unique and irreplaceable role home care and hospice plays in America’s health care system. We know from experience that the best people to do that are the people who work in home care and hospice.”
NAHC will continue their efforts to work on the following priorities:
• Improvement of the Medicare home health face-to-face physician encounter/certification rules
• Defending the Community First Choice Program
• Protecting the home care benefit within Medicaid
• Legislation to extend the rural add-on in the House of Representatives
• Fighting new regulation of the home care and hospice industry
For the full article, click here.
Corridor is a trusted home health and hospice consulting partner to agencies both large and small. We provide the most up-to-date comprehensive homecare industry educational resources and consulting available.
For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795Go Back