NAHC’s FM 2016 Session Highlights: VBP Payment Models Are Here, Now What? (Part 2)
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 5:59 PM
NAHC’s 2016 Financial Management Conference held a session titled, “Value-Based Purchasing Payment Models Are Here, Now What?” This is Part 2 of NAHC’s coverage of this session. To view Part 1, click here.
The panelists provided the following recommendations during this session:
• Data accuracy is a major factor in performance improvement
• Performance is best achieved by creating dashboards and benchmarking
• It is important to determine the target audience with benchmarking
• Agencies should determine a reporting format and schedule
• In benchmarking, agencies should select the most appropriate item for their goals with performance targets
The panelists stressed the following points about monitoring and managing performance:
• Strive to positively influence outcomes by staying ahead--monitor in “real time” and embrace action plans
• Determine the staff responsible for specific outcomes
During this session, agency leaders were encouraged to take action in recognizing the measures of maximum financial impact and opportunity, and to determine which technology systems are most successful for data management.
To view the slides from the session, click here.
For the full article, click here.Go Back