Repeal and Replace Obamacare: The AHCA Passes in the U.S. House of Representatives
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2017 7:50 PM
Six weeks after the repeal and replace Obamacare was on life support, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the American Health Care Act (AHCA) by a vote of 217 to 213 on May 4, 2017.
The following amendments are passed and now part of the AHCA:
• The McSally Amendment
• The Upton Amendment
The MacArthur Amendment was released to update parts of the AHCA and bridge the gap between conservative and moderate Republicans.
The MacArthur Amendment would:
• Reinstate essential health benefits (EHBs) as the federal standard
• Continue the prohibition on denying coverage due to preexisting medical conditions and discrimination based on gender
• Enable the issue of coverage to all applicants
• Authorize renewability of coverage
• Grant coverage of dependents on parents' plan up to age 26
• Provide Community Rating Rules
VNAA will continue to provide information on this debate.
For the full article, please see the VNAA Member Update titled – Breaking News: The American Health Care Act Passes in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Corridor is a trusted home health and hospice consulting partner to agencies both large and small. We provide the most up-to-date comprehensive homecare industry educational resources and consulting available.
For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795Go Back