The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Provides Recommendations for Seniors to Prevent Vision-Related Falls
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2016 6:45 PM
NHI posted information on their website, NIHSeniorHealth.gov, on how to prevent vision-related falls. The following risks are associated with how vision result in people falling:
• Not being able to see contrasting objects
• Taking a while for eyes to adjust when moving from darkness to light
• Wearing multi-focal glasses while walking or going up stairs
• Poor lighting in the home
NIH provides the following recommendations for seniors to prevent vision-related falls:
• Have Your Vision Checked
• Wear Your Eyeglasses Correctly
• Have Sufficient Lighting in Your Home
To view the NIH recommendations related to fall prevention, click here.
For the full article, click here.
Corridor is a trusted home health and hospice consulting partner to agencies both large and small. We provide the most up-to-date comprehensive homecare industry educational resources and consulting available.
For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795Go Back