The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Provides Recommendations for Seniors to Prevent Vision-Related Falls
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2016 6:45 PM
NHI posted information on their website, NIHSeniorHealth.gov, on how to prevent vision-related falls. The following risks are associated with how vision result in people falling:
• Not being able to see contrasting objects
• Taking a while for eyes to adjust when moving from darkness to light
• Wearing multi-focal glasses while walking or going up stairs
• Poor lighting in the home
NIH provides the following recommendations for seniors to prevent vision-related falls:
• Have Your Vision Checked
• Wear Your Eyeglasses Correctly
• Have Sufficient Lighting in Your Home
To view the NIH recommendations related to fall prevention, click here.
For the full article, click here.