CMS ODF Addresses Home Health, Hospice Rules, Hospice Claims Processing
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:57 AMCMS held its Home Health, Hospice & DME Open Door Forum on August 12, 2015. CMS representatives outlined changes that were included in the final hospice payment rule for FY 2016, which was issued on Friday, July 31. The staff highlighted the following:
- The final phase-out of the budget neutrality adjustment actor (BNAF) to the hospice wage index;
- Alignment of the accounting year for the hospice aggregate and inpatient CAPS with the federal fiscal year;
- Modification of the update factor for the aggregate cap to reflect the annual percentage rate update to hospice (rather than the CPI-U);
- Imposition of a two-tiered rate of payment for Routine Home Care (eff. Jan. 1, 2016);
- Implementation of a Service Intensity Add-on for skilled visits in the last 7 days of life (eff. Jan. 1 2016);
- Use of a single RHC rate from Oct. 1 - Dec. 31, 2015;
- Clarification that hospices are required to include all diagnoses gathered during the comprehensive assessment on hospice claims (including mental health disorders and other conditions affecting the plan of care) and regardless of whether the diagnoses are related or unrelated to the terminal diagnoses and related conditions.
- Beginning CY2016 payment determination, CMS is requiring 70 percent timely OASIS submissions for the July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016 time period
- July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017 HHAs must meet an 80 percent timeliness requirement for OASIS submissions
- July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018, (and thereafter) HHAs must meet the 90 percent timeliness submission threshold for OASIS submissions.
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to home health and hospice providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 30 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivering industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation review, compliance, billing and collections , consulting and provider staff education . At Corridor, we make the business of caring for people Better! For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.Go Back