CMS Updates Open Payments Data
Posted on Monday, January 20, 2020 2:46 PM
CMS has updated the Open Payments dataset to reflect changes to the data that took place since the last publication in June 2019. The updated dataset is now available for viewing at https://openpaymentsdata.cms.gov/.
CMS updates the Open Payments data at least once annually to include updates from disputes and other data corrections made since the initial publication of the data. The refreshed Open Payments Data Set includes:
- Record Updates: Changes to non-disputed records that were made on or before November 15, 2019, are published.
- Disputed Records: Dispute resolutions completed on or before December 31, 2019 are displayed with the updated information. Records with active disputes that remained unresolved as of December 31, 2019 are displayed as disputed.
- Record Deletions: Records deleted before December 31, 2019 were removed from the Open Payments database. Records deleted after December 31, 2019, remained in the database, but will be removed during the next data publication in June 2020.
The following is not included in the data refresh:
- Any records submitted to the Open Payments system for the first time after the close of the Program Year 2018 submission window (March 31, 2019).
- Any records that were disputed and for which dispute resolution resulted in a change to the covered recipient.
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to home health and hospice providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 30 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivering industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation review, compliance, billing and collections , consulting and provider staff education . At Corridor, we make the business of caring for people Better! For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.Go Back