Corridor Webinar Recording: Intake's Role In Compliant Coding Under PDGM
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2019 1:26 PM
- Identify differences between current PPS and PDGM
- Identify importance of intake role as it relates to PDGM
- Review the three categories of non-acceptable codes as identified by CMS: not appropriate for home health, codes not specific enough, and codes too acute for home care.
- Educate intake staff on review of F2F documents and referral information to determine need for additional queries. Identify when the referral information is too vague and will require additional information from the physician.
- Discuss key points needed for agency discussion with referral sources related to PDGM and need for enough information to identify an acceptable primary diagnosis code for Medicare episodic patients.
- For review of M1033, Risk for Hospitalization which is impacts the functional score under PDGM, identify documentation needed and where to find it.
Staff involved in the referral/intake process for Medicare episodic patients
Staff involved in the admission and start of care process for Medicare episodic patients
Webinar Presented by Corridor Educators:
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to home health and hospice providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 30 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivering industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation review, compliance, billing and collections , consulting and provider staff education . At Corridor, we make the business of caring for people Better! For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.Go Back