Ensure Quality With Outsourced Coding
Posted on Friday, January 8, 2016 2:27 PM
Many agencies outsource coding, but it’s important to note that ultimately the agencies are responsible for codes assigned on claims submitted to Medicare, not the coding services company. Therefore, the most important thing for agencies to do is research the coding company to ensure quality, which will result in compliance, avoiding denials and ADRs. The following procedures are recommended in the Home Health Line:
- Examine quality assurance procedures
- Discover who the coding company is hiring, make sure the coders are thoroughly trained
- Prepare your own research, possibly an annual audit of outsourced claims
- Ensure quality of outsourced claims, be involved in the focus of care and other diagnosis
- Ensure your agency’s correction policy and procedures are in place
- Arrange to pay for outsourced coding on a per-record basis
For more information, please see the December 21st edition of the Home Health Line. Corridor is a national leader in coding solutions, with the expertise to streamline your clinical and financial operations. More than ever before, accurate review of patient care documentation is required for non-acute providers to receive – and keep- fair reimbursement for their services. Corridor makes coding as easy and pain-free as possible, while providing the highest quality of services. Contact us for more information.
Corridor is a trusted home health and hospice consulting partner to agencies both large and small. We provide the most up-to-date comprehensive homecare industry educational resources and consulting available.
For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795Go Back