Free Webinar: Hospice Provider and Medicare Part D Walk Through
Posted on Thursday, July 5, 2018 12:24 PM
Recently, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and other policymakers have been closely tracking spending under Medicare Parts A, B and D while a patient is on a hospice election out of concern that these programs may be inappropriately covering items and services connected to the hospice terminal condition and any related conditions. Spending outside of hospice under Parts A and B has diminished over the past five years but spending under Part D increased during 2016 and 2017.
To improve understanding of the interaction between hospice coverage of drugs and Medicare Part D, the National Council for Prescription Drug Programs’ Hospice Task Group is offering a free educational webinar.
Attendees of the webinar will:
- Learn how the hospice provider helps the beneficiary start their hospice journey with Medicare Part A
- Understand the communication processes with CMS and the Medicare Part D plan
- Understand the financial responsibility for medications in hospice care:
- Hospice Medication Coverage
- Medicare Part D payment for drugs for patients enrolled in hospice
- Review the hospice Information for Medicare Part D Plans form, also known as A3, used to facilitate communication between Medicare Part D plans, hospices, prescribers, and pharmacists who serve beneficiaries enrolled in hospice.
Date: Tuesday, July 24, 2018
Time: Noon Eastern
Presenters: Mary Perez, Medicare Part D Senior Systems Analyst, Enrollment, Magellan Rx Management and Nancy Bridgman, Director of Medical Billing, Remedi SeniorCare
Click here to register.
Corridor is a trusted home health and hospice consulting partner to agencies both large and small. We provide the most up-to-date comprehensive homecare industry educational resources and consulting available.
For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795Go Back