Home Care and Hospice Advocates Are Encouraged to Engage Their Members During the Presidential Conventions August Break
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:22 PM
Last week, the U.S Congress gathered for the Presidential conventions and its annual August recess. The next meeting will return on September 6. During the annual recess, lawmakers will spend more time in their home states with their constituents, providing increased opportunities for home care and hospice advocates to involve their members of Congress.
The following issues below for home care and hospice advocates must be discussed with their members of Congress during the recess. Additionally, there are links to background information, talking points, and sample messages for each issue.
The following three home health actions for advocates to raise with their members of Congress during the recess:
• Rescind Medicare Home Health Pre-Claim Review
• Cosponsor Home Health Care Planning Improvement Act of 2015
• Repeal or Revise Face-to-Face Physician Encounter Requirement
• Extend the Medicare Home Health Rural Add-on
The following three hospice actions are for advocates to raise with their members of Congress during the recess:
• Reject Efforts to Include Hospice as part of Medicare Advantage Benefit Package
• Cosponsor the Care Planning Act
• Revise Requirements for Hospice Face-to-Face Encounters
Additionally, the following actions are encouraged for advocates to make known with their lawmakers:
• Allow PAs to Serve as Hospice Attending Physicians
• Reverse Claim Denials Related to the Face-to-Face Requirement
• Oppose Medicare Home Health Copays and Payments Cuts
• Protect the Medicare Hospice Benefit
• Define Full-Time for Purposes of the ACA as Forty Hours Per Week
• Oppose Proposals to Cut Federal Funding for Medicaid
• Restore the Companionship Services Exemption
For the full article, click here.
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to home health and hospice providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 30 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivering industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation review, compliance, billing and collections , consulting and provider staff education . At Corridor, we make the business of caring for people Better! For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.Go Back