Hospice PEPPER Released Today
Posted on Friday, April 5, 2019 7:36 PM
The Hospice PEPPER (Program for Evaluating Payment Patterns Electronic Report) released its annual report today. Each hospice receives a PEPPER, which contains statistics for these target areas, regardless of whether the hospice’s data are of concern. The report shows how a hospice’s data compares to national, MAC jurisdiction and state statistics for the three most recent years.
The target areas remain the same from last year:
- Live Discharges – No Longer Terminally Ill
- Live Discharges – Revocations
- Live Discharges LOS 61- 179 days Long Length of Stay
- Continuous Home Care Provided in an Assisted Living Facility
- Routine Home Care Provided in an Assisted Living Facility
- Routine Home Care Provided in a Nursing Facility
- Routine Home Care Provided in a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Claims with Single Diagnosis Coded
- No General Inpatient Care or Continuous Home Care
- Long General Inpatient Stays
The PEPPER will not be mailed, each hospice must download their own.
Source: NAHC Report
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to home health and hospice providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 30 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivering industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation review, compliance, billing and collections , consulting and provider staff education . At Corridor, we make the business of caring for people Better! For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.Go Back