Important CMS Review of RCD
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2018 2:14 PM
Earlier this week, CMS hosted an open-door forum on the new Review Choice Demonstration (RCD) that is set to begin on December 10, 2018 in Illinois. The goal of this demonstration is to test improved methods for identifying, investigating, and prosecuting Medicare fraud occurring in the home health program while maintaining or improving the quality of care provided to Medicare beneficiaries.
The demonstration is scheduled to begin in Illinois on December 10th, with Ohio, North Carolina, Florida and Texas to follow. The states listed above, minus Illinois, will all be given 60-day notice ahead of its implementation. The only Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) affected by the demonstration is Palmetto.
RCD allows for home health care agencies to choose from three initial choices:
- Pre-claim review of all claims
- Follows process implemented under the initial Pre-Claim Review Demonstration
- Allows unlimited resubmissions of non-affirmed requests
- Allows for multiple episodes to be requested on one pre-claim review request for a beneficiary
- Post payment review of all claims
- Follows current post payment medical review processes
- Default option if no selection made
- Minimal review with payment reduction
- All home health claims receive a 25% payment reduction
- Claims are excluded from MAC targeted probe and educate review, but may be selected for Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) review
Click here to view the presentation.
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to home health and hospice providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 30 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivering industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation review, compliance, billing and collections , consulting and provider staff education . At Corridor, we make the business of caring for people Better! For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.Go Back