MedPAC Submits Comments on FY2017 Proposed Rule on Hospice Payment & Quality Reporting Requirements
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2016 6:22 PM
The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission MedPAC submitted comments to Andrew Slavitt, Acting Administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regarding CMS-1652-P: Medicare Program; FY 2016 Hospice Wage Index and Payment Rate Update and Hospice Quality Reporting Requirements. The comments can be found here.
MedPAC focuses most of their comments on the following:
• Projected hospice quality measures and related initiatives
• CMS’ strategies to monitor the effect of payment reform
• Advising that CMS aim program integrity efforts at abnormal patterns of care by some hospice providers
MedPAC’s letter references the following new quality measures:
• The two-part (paired) measures comparable to visits in the final days of life and the measure of performance across the seven existing Hospice Item Set (HIS)
• CMS’ plans to generate a hospice assessment instrument, including the current HIS measures
For the full article, click here.
Corridor is a trusted home health and hospice consulting partner to agencies both large and small. We provide the most up-to-date comprehensive homecare industry educational resources and consulting available.
For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795Go Back