RAISE Family Caregivers Act
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2017 1:37 PM
The most recent estimates show about 40 million family caregivers in the US provided 37 billion hours of care to adults in 2013, according to a report released by the AARP’s Public Policy Institute. The estimated economic value of the unpaid contributions of family caregivers was about $470 billion in 2013, up from approximately $450 billion in 2009. This is why the Recognize, Assist, Include, Support, and Engage (RAISE) Family Caregivers Act is so important.
NAHC has written Congress urging them to pass the RAISE Act. There are 3 letters:
- A letter to Senators Susan Collins (R-ME) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) in support of their amendment in the nature of a substitute to the RAISE Family Caregivers Act ( 1028) and urging all Senators to support passage of this legislation in the Senate;
- A letter to Representatives Gregg Harper (R-MS) and Kathy Castor (D-FL) supporting the RAISE Family Caregivers Act (R. 3759);
- A Dear Representative letter that would be sent to all House member offices urging co-sponsorship of the RAISE Family Caregivers Act (R. 3759).
The RAISE Family Caregivers Act would do the following:
- Implement the federal Commission on Long-Term Care’s bipartisan recommendation that Congress require the development of a national strategy to support family caregivers.
- Create an advisory body to bring together relevant federal agencies and others from the private and public sectors to advise and make recommendations.
- Identify specific actions that government, communities, providers, employers, and others can take to recognize and support family caregivers and be updated annually.
Click here to read more from NAHC.
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to home health and hospice providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 30 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivering industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation review, compliance, billing and collections , consulting and provider staff education . At Corridor, we make the business of caring for people Better! For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.Go Back