Summary of CMS Forum Call
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2019 2:05 PM
CMS is still working on the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) and Review Choice Demonstration (RCD) for Home Health Services. Once completed, the start date for Illinois will be posted on the RCD webpage.
January 17, 2019 is the next data submission deadline. CMS encouraged home health providers to monitor their vendor submissions to ensure CMS has received them. It is the home health agency, not the vendor, that will be held accountable, via the 2% payment update penalty, if the data is not submitted on time. Providers can monitor vendor data submission through the portal.
CMS provided five updates.
- The January 2019 OASIS Quarterly Q&As are now available.
- The GG Self-Care and Mobility Activity Decision Tree can be found on the Oasis User Manuals webpage
- Updated technical home health measure specifications and tables which were updated to align with the implementation of OASIS-D can be found in the Downloads section of the home health quality measures page
- Providers can now download the star rating preview reports for the April 2019 Home Health Compare refresh from CASPER
- CMS has a two-day HHQRP in person train the trainer session scheduled for March 5-6, 2019 in Baltimore. Registration is not open yet, but will be in the next t-2-3 weeks. Watch for an announcement on the HHQRP spotlight and announcement
Hospice CAHPS Survey:
The participation exemption for the 2019 CAHPS Hospice Survey data collection year is now available.
As a reminder, CMS is holding a call on February 12, 2019 from 1:30pm-3:00pm ET to provide more information on PDGM. Click here to register.
Source: NAHC Report
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to home health and hospice providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 30 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivering industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation review, compliance, billing and collections , consulting and provider staff education . At Corridor, we make the business of caring for people Better! For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.Go Back