Wages and Caregiver Shortages Are Listed as Top Concerns in a New Study
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:05 PM
According to Home Care Pulse’s 2016 Benchmarking study, wage pressures are classified as one of the top three threats to the home care industry. Additionally, the study has proven the following percentages:
• 70% of respondents stated their concern for caregiver shortage, naming it in their top three concerns
• 22.4% of participants stated their concern for caregiver turnover, stating it was one of their top three concerns
The home care industry faces a new threat with increasing the minimum wage rates. According to the study, 26.6% of participants stated that increasing minimum wages was a top threat for the industry.
Additional threats were added as top concerns for the year:
• The Affordable Care Act (ACA)
• Attracting referrals
The report also found that orientation and training hours have made a difference. With Corridor’s Campus Connect training and education, it is a vital component to ensure success in any organization, especially in the non-acute care industry where change is the only constant.
Campus Connect provides:
• Quality evidence-based training, allowing for increased efficiency, productivity, and staff satisfaction
• A comprehensive and interactive education solution
• A world-class customer service and support team
• No software to buy or install
Campus Connect is easy. Contact Corridor to receive a free online demonstration of all that Campus Connect has to offer.
For the full article, click here.
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to home health and hospice providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 30 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivering industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation review, compliance, billing and collections , consulting and provider staff education . At Corridor, we make the business of caring for people Better! For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.Go Back